Sometimes you find yourself with items you can’t dispose of and don’t know what to do. One of these is scrap metals. The lack of knowledge makes this salvageable resource end up in landfills. In this article, we will go over the value of scrap metal and also the Delaware scrap metal prices.
However, at A1 Services General, we want to help all scrap metal in Delaware County find the right way when it is no longer of use. Because of this, in this blog, we answer these common FAQs coming from our experience from A1 metal recycling services.
What Classifies As Scrap Metal?
It is hard to name every single item that is considered scrap metal. Once discarded or unused, if an item is made of metal and recycled, it is considered scrap metal.
Within scrap metal, there are two categories: ferrous and non-ferrous. We will review this classification so it is easier for you to identify scrap metal:
- Ferrous scrap metal: They contain iron and are magnetic. Ferrous metals include alloy steel, carbon steel, wrought iron, and stainless steel.
- Non-ferrous scrap metal: On the other hand, these metals don’t contain iron and are more resistant to corrosion. Non-ferrous metals include aluminum, copper, lead, zinc, tin, and nickel.
From construction materials to regular household items like cans or clips, scrap metal is everywhere. That is why it should be disposed of correctly. The type of metal can also affect In Delaware scrap metal prices. We will touch more on that later.
What Should I do With Scrap Metal Waste?
To this question, we say: recycle it! Recur to scrap metal yards in Delaware County or hiring a junk removal company that offers scrap metal recycling.
Our A1 metal recycling services fuze these two. Not only do we function as a metal scrap yard, but we also offer the comfort of scrap metal dumpster rental and junk removal at affordable prices! Say goodbye to your metal waste once and for all.
What Are Delaware Scrap Metal Prices?
If you want to sell scrap metal, Delaware scrap metal prices range from around $0.10 up to $3.90 per pound and per type. Here’s a list of scrap metals from highest to lowest price:
- Cooper $2.30 – $3.90
- Brass $1.20 – $2.50
- Aluminum $0.15 – $0.50
- Lead $0.20 – $0.40
- Stainless Steel $0.10 – $0.40
Prices in the market can go up and down due to demand or increased recycling costs due to utilities. Still, these factors can also affect Delaware scrap metal prices:
- The application: It isn’t the same as having aluminum cans vs. aluminum sheets, for instance. Prices will vary depending on the application of each scrap metal.
- Clean vs. dirty materials: Naturally, cleaned materials can cost a bit more than dirty as they are easier to recycle.
- Metal scrap yards Delaware County: Depending on the scrap yard you recur to, Delaware scrap metal prices can also change.
A1 Scrap Metal Recycling Services
Yes, that is us. Many people aren’t aware of scrap metal recycling. You can see at our site that there are excellent benefits to both scrap metal recycling and our A1 scrap metal services. If you want assistance or reliable service, contact us today!