Throwing stuff you don’t want away could seem like a no-brainer, but with regulations, logistics, and more, it can be more complicated than you thought. A junk removal service helps you eliminate trash or items you don’t want in your home anymore.
If you need a junk removal service but have never hired one before, you may be wondering how it works. This is when you start asking questions, and you’d be surprised many people have the same doubts. Because of that, today, we’ll be answering junk removal service FAQs!
How Do You Get Junk Hauled Away?
A junk removal service is an ideal way of getting junk hauled away. Not only do they pick up your trash from your property, but they also take it away to dispose of it.
When you want to hire a junk removal service, you will call the company, and they will arrive at the site with a truck. After reviewing the items you want to remove, they will estimate. In most cases, they remove your trash right away, or you can schedule the services as well.
How Much Does It Cost To Have Someone Remove Junk?
You may see many average estimates online, but the overall price you’ll end up paying for a junk removal service will depend on several factors. As we mentioned before, companies provide an estimate based on the items to be hauled. Other things considered in the cost of a junk removal service are:
- Location: Junk removal prices vary per location. It is good to review average costs in your area.
- Junk load and materials: The amount of junk that must be removed is just as significant as the materials themselves.
- Truck Space: The initial estimate is based on how much space the junk will take in the truck. The more space it takes, the higher the price.
- Accessibility: The harder to reach the junk is, the more it can cost to remove it.
- Time: Labor costs are charged by the hour.
- Junk haul or dumpster rental: Dumpster rental prices work differently than junk removal prices. We have a blogpost on that for you to read more about it.
What junk Can and Can’t Be Removed?
If you want to know “How do I get rid of furniture?” a junk removal service could seem like the obvious answer all the time, but not necessarily. Junk removal only covers specific items. While it may vary per junk removal company, it usually is something like this:
CAN be removed:
A junk removal service is typically for removing large items bulkier than the regular trash you throw away. It includes:
- Old appliances (refrigerator, water heaters, dryers, washing machines, etc.)
- Hot tubs
- Old furniture (couches, bookshelves, chairs, tables, etc.)
- Mattresses and box springs.
- Electronics (monitors, printers, etc.)
- Construction waste (roof shingles, demolition debris, etc.)
- Scrap metal
- Yard waste
CAN’T be removed:
Not all waste is the same, and some items you want to dispose of are hazardous waste that junk removal companies won’t take. These items can be:
- Medical waste or pharmaceuticals
- Pressurized containers
- Household cleaners
- Empty paint cans, oils, and paint.
- Asbestos debris
Where Is The Junk Disposed Of?
There are three possible ways where your junk could end up. Again, it depends on the junk removal service.
- Donation: Some items are still in good condition and can be reused. Those are donated.
- Recycling: Some items can’t be reused, but they may contain valuable recycling materials. These items are set apart for recycling.
- Landfill: Once everything salvageable is out of the way, the leftover is sent to the landfill.
If you want to ensure all efforts to reduce the amount of junk sent to landfills, hiring the correct junk removal service is vital. Make sure you ask the company what they do with the hauled items. At A1 Services General, we recycle items such as scrap metal, electronics, etc.
Which Junk Removal Company Should I Choose?
Now you know how a junk removal service works, and you need to hire one; you’ll have to look for a company. We can serve you if you are located in Wilmington, DE, and surrounding areas! At A1 Services General, we offer complete, prompt, and responsible junk removal services. Contact us for an on-site estimate!